Highlights of our Year in Uganda
Samuel's Top 5 Highlights:
- Playing on a local Entebbe football (soccer) team.
- Watching the Champion's League Final between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
- Seeing a rare Leopard on my safari.
- Playing with Qi Wen, Ahmed, and other friends at UCAN International Primary School.
- All the special cultural food I liked, such as groundnut sauce with rice, papaya, mango, pineapple, matoke (bananas) with groundnut sauce, posho with beans, and chapati with beans. I liked Ugandan food!
Addy Rose's Top 5 Highlights:
- Walking around a crater lake in Fort Portal (photo).
- Seeing giraffes on my safari.
- Sports time at UCAN School - running, hopping, skipping, and standing on one foot.
- Celebrating birthdays at my school.
- Chapati and beans - my favorite meal in Uganda!
RJ's Top 5 Highlights:
- Eating loads of Ugandan food - matoke, rice, gnut sauce, groundnuts, okra, posho, chapati, fried cassava, Irish potatoes, mangoes, and even powdered milk.
- Acting out the first scene of Shakespeare's King Lear.
- Watching 44 babies and 1 kid get baptized in a rural Catholic church in Arua.
- Visiting Lake Bunyonyi in SW Uganda & Rwanda, especially the National Genocide Memorial.
- Winning the school debate on abolishing grades (I supported grades!)
Annabelle's Top 5 Highlights:
- Celebrating my 12th birthday by watching Aladdin with my UCAN friends.
- Petitioning for a better lunch table system, giving me experience with democracy.
- Seeing a pride of 11 lions on my safari.
- Going to church and staying up till midnight on New Year's Eve with my Dad.
- Discovering my passion for passion fruit!